Commitment to privacy
Sunfresh Marketing Co-op Limited ABN 54 160 042 896, trading as Sunfresh Avocados (Sunfresh/we/us/our) respects the privacy of individuals. This policy outlines the way we manage personal information that we collect or that is provided to us. It applies to Sunfresh and any other Australian corporate entities that from time to time may form part of a Sunfresh group of entities.
Sunfresh is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) applicable to private sector organisations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or at www.privacy.gov.au
Why does Sunfresh collect personal information?
Sunfresh is a corporate entity, formed under the Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld). We are involved in the marketing, packing, sale and distribution of horticultural produce and products. We also have increasing interest in manufacturing and other value-adding activity. We collect personal information about people in order to operate our business. As a corporate cooperative entity, Sunfresh also maintains records of our members. Collecting personal information is also necessary in some circumstances to meet our legal obligations.
- All current and past members of Sunfresh;
- All individuals whose personal information is collected in relation to the products and services offered by Sunfresh;
- All individuals whose personal information is collected by us in the course of our functions and activities such as customers, service providers, contractors and past and prospective employees.
- The nature of the personal information we may collect from you;
• How we manage the personal information that we collect, use and disclose;
• How to contact us if you:
- have any questions about our management of your personal information;
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- would like to lodge a complaint with us regarding our compliance with the Privacy Act.
The information we may collect
The types of personal information we may collect may include:
- identifying information such as name, date of birth and employment details;
- contact information such as home and business addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses;
- government-issued identifiers including ACNs, TFNs and ABNs;
- financial information, such as credit card details, payment details and credit information;
- marketing information;
- biometric information and templates, such as voice recognition information.
We may collect your personal information from various sources including:
- from you or from a person authorised to provide us with this information on your behalf; and
- third parties such as a service provider engaged by us or a third party who partners with us.
This information may be obtained by way of forms filled out, information provided in person or by telephone, email or online by the individuals themselves, or from a public source or third party (for example, referees, your organisation, your representatives and information service providers.
We do not create, use or store profiles of our customers. We only record information that we reasonably require to do business with you or simply to facilitate our communications with you. If you do not provide or authorise the provision of personal information we request, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our products and services, or the product and services of any trading partners.
You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on some occasions we may not be able to do this.
We are required or authorised to collect members’ personal information under certain laws including the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth) and the Cooperatives Act 1997 (Qld), and we may also be required to make limited member details available to members of the public on request.
How we may use or share personal information
We may use your personal information in any of the following ways:
- responding to and fulfilling your requests for our products and services;
- enabling us to charge your credit card where you carry out an electronic transaction with us;
- responding to your questions or suggestions;
- retaining information for statistical purposes so that we may improve or better direct our products and services;
- involvement (with your consent – you may opt out) in an e-newsletter mailing list;
- manage and develop our business and operational processes and systems;
- conduct marketing, feedback and research activities;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- perform other functions and activities relating to our business; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
In doing so we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations in Australia and overseas including:
- our members;
- our agents and service providers;
- our professional advisers;
- potential acquirers of our business;
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- your agents and advisers or other persons authorised by, or responsible for, you;
- government agencies;
- third parties whom we are authorised to represent if you acquire products or services through us;
- third parties with whom Sunfresh partners or works with to improve its products and services;
- credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators;
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information;
- in other circumstances, with your consent.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
Some of the third parties described above may be located in South Africa, New Zealand, Malaysia and other countries. While those third parties will often be subject to confidentiality or privacy obligations, they may not always follow the particular requirements of the Privacy Act. Generally, we require that organisations outside Sunfresh who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to Sunfresh acknowledge the confidentiality of this information and undertake to comply with the APP.
Access to other websites via hyperlink
Sunfresh collects certain standard information that is sent by your browser to our website. This includes your IP address (browser type, language, access times) and any referring website addresses. The information is collected and logged for statistical purposes. Sunfresh also uses this information to provide users with a personalised experience when visiting our website. Through the use of a ‘cookie’ (see below), Sunfresh can record the pages visited and the information acquired. This information is used anonymously and in aggregate, and is collected and logged for statistical purposes. Through analysis of these records, Sunfresh endeavours to provide an improved service when users revisit our websites.
A cookie is a small data file that a website may write to your hard drive when you visit. A cookie file can contain information (such as a user ID) that the website can use to track the pages you have visited and your preferences. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you personally supply. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites.
Sunfresh may use Google advertising programs to improve the online experience, including the display of relevant ads on external websites. These programs are pieces of text that are transferred into the memory of your computer to store preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our website. The use of these programs improves the efficiency of navigation throughout our website and assists us to provide services to you in the most convenient and prompt manner. Anyone can opt out of these programs at any time by clicking here.
How do we handle credit-related personal information?
While Sunfresh does not provide credit to consumers, we sometimes handle personal information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs) and certain other consumer credit-related personal information as described below (Credit-Related Personal Information) in the context of commercial credit arrangements. For example, information about an individual’s consumer credit worthiness may be handled where Sunfresh provides commercial credit accounts to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees in relation to commercial credit accounts.
Sunfresh may collect and hold the following types of Credit-Related Personal Information, both in relation to your arrangements with us and those with third parties such as other credit providers:
- name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number, employer and most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests about the individual to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers;
- details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness;
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s, credit provider’s or Sunfresh’s analysis of the individual’s eligibility for credit; and
- any other types of Credit-Related Personal Information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act.
We may disclose Credit-Related Personal Information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. We may collect Credit-Related Personal Information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess an application for credit or an individual’s application to be a guarantor, management of an individual’s credit or guarantee, assign debts and collect overdue payments. Sunfresh may also exchange Credit-Related Personal Information with debt buyers, credit insurers and other credit providers.
The CRBs we may use may include, without limitation:
- Dun & Bradstreet – dnb.com.au 1300 734 806
- Veda – mycreditfile.com.au 1300 762 207
- Experian experian.com.au 1300 784 134
You have the right to request CRBs not to:
- use your Credit-Related Personal Information to determine your eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose your Credit-Related Personal Information, if you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
How we secure your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store your information securely and have a range of security controls in place to ensure that your information and documents are protected. Our employees are trained on privacy, and access to personal information is restricted to individuals properly authorised to do so.
We also take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. We endeavour to keep personal information for only as long as it is required in order to provide you with products and services and to comply with our legal obligations. When it is no longer needed for these purposes, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify this personal information.
How we communicate with you
To keep you informed quicker, where you provide us with an email address we will send most communications to you by email. From time to time, we may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market products and services to you and keep you informed of special offers from Sunfresh and third parties, including by direct mail, electronic messaging, phone and email.
How you may access and control your personal information
Sunfresh will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We will provide reasons if we deny any requests for access to or correction of personal information. Sunfresh may charge a fee to cover the cost of providing access including locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your personal information and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
Do you have any concerns over the way we have collected, used or disclosed your personal information?
If you have any concerns or queries about the manner in which your personal information has been handled, please contact our Privacy Officer whose contact details are provided below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or at www.privacy.gov.au, and on 1300 363 992.
The Privacy Officer
Sunfresh Marketing Co-op Limited
Post: 43 Link Crescent, Coolum Beach, Queensland 4573 Australia
Telephone: 07 5478 8999